Application to the PhD program in Chemistry
- To apply to the Graduate Program in Chemistry click on the "Apply for Graduate Studies" tab in the lefthand column.
- Students who need assistance may apply for an Application Fee Waiver. For instructions on how to receive such a Waiver, please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Jerry Brightwell at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have the re: line of the email read: APPLICATION FEE WAIVER REQUEST. Please be patient, it may take a few days for us to reply.
- All applicants to the Chemistry Graduate Program are required to submit the GRE General Exam scores. The minimum required scores are; Verbal – 150; Quantitative – 148; Analytical Writing – 2.5.
- Graduates of institutions in which the primary language is not English must provide results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The recommended minimum scores are: TOEFL IBT-90 or IELTS-7
- Applications for the typical August start in the PhD program will be reviewed as they are received throughout the Spring semester and applicants will be notified of the decision outcome as soon as possible. Applications to begin the program in January will also be considered and will be reviewed as they are received.
Graduate Recruitment Weekend
The Chemistry Department hosts a Graduate Recruitment Weekend every year at the beginning of March. If you would like to visit our department before deciding on which University you would like to do graduate studies at, please contact Jerry Brightwell by E-Mail at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 573-884-6832.