Application to the PhD program in Chemistry
- The Department Application Form is available for viewing, downloading, or printing as a PDF file.
- Students who need assistance may apply to the Chemistry Department for an Application Fee Waiver. For instructions on how to apply for such a Waiver, please contact our Admissions Coordinator, Jerry Brightwell at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please have the re: line of the email read: APPLICATION FEE WAIVER REQUEST. Please be patient, it may take a few days for us to reply.
- In addition to the Chemistry Department application, the Graduate School requires all student applicants to fill out the On-line Application for Admission.
- Students must submit scores from the General Test of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) and optionally, the GRE Subject Test in Chemistry. The minimum required GRE scores on the general test are: Verbal-150, Quantitative-148, Analytical-2.5
- Graduates of institutions in which the primary language is not English must provide results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). The required minimum scores are: TOEFL IBT-100, IELTS-7.5
- A student must submit an official transcript from each college or university that that he/she has attended.
- A student must arrange for three letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the Department, preferably from individuals who can comment on the student's potential for success in graduate work and as a teaching assistant. Alternatively, the letters of recommendation can be submitted by the recommender through the on-line application system (access is given by the student applicant).
- Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For full consideration, applications should be received by February 1. Applications will not be considered after March 1. Students must also apply to and be accepted by the MU Graduate School.
- If an offer of assistantship is made to an applicant, that offer must be accepted by April 15.
Graduate Recruitment Weekend
The Chemistry Department hosts a Graduate Recruitment Weekend every year at the beginning of March. If you would like to visit our department before deciding on which University you would like to do graduate studies at, please contact Jerry Brightwell by E-Mail at email@example.com or by phone at 573-884-6832. Our 2016 Graduate Recruitment Weekend will take place March 10-13, 2016. Please see the MU Recruiting Weekend Flyer on this page for details.