University of Missouri-Columbia, Chemistry, B.S. 1986
University of California-Berkeley, Physical Chemistry, Ph.D. 1991
Cornell University, Chemical Dynamics, Post-doc 1991-1993
- 2016-present, Professor, Department of Chemistry, University of Missouri-Columbia
- 2004-2015, Professor, Department of Chemistry, Wayne State University
- 2003-2004, Professor, Department of Chemistry, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY
- 2000-2003, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY
- 2000-2005, Scientist, Department of Chemistry, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- 1995-2000, Group Leader, Chemical Dynamics Program, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory; Staff Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
Awards and Honors
- 2014 Radboud Excellence Professorship, Radboud University, Nijmegen
- 2013 WSU Outstanding Graduate Mentor Award
- 2012 Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- 2012-2016 A. Paul and Carol Schaap Senior Faculty Fellow
- 2007 Academy of Scholars, Wayne State University
- 2006 Fellow, American Physical Society
- 2005-2006 Wayne State Board of Governors’ Distinguished Faculty Fellowship Award
- 2015 Chair, 25th Dynamics of Molecular Collisions Conference
- 2013 Chair, Astrochemistry Subdivision, ACS Physical Division
- 2013 Co-Chair, Dynamics of Molecular Collisions, Tahoe, CA
- 2011 Chair, APS Division of Chemical Physics
- 2006-2010 Editorial Advisory Board, Journal of Physical Chemistry
- 2008 Chair, Atomic and Molecular Interactions Gordon Conference, Colby-Sawyer, NH
- 2008, 2011 DOE-BES Committee of Visitors
B. M. Broderick, V. Y. Chernyak, A. G. Smolin, O. S. Vasyutinskii, A. G. Suits, A. G. Imaging detection of spin-polarized hydrogen atoms. Chem. Phys. Lett. (2015) 635, 350-354.
Ravin Fernando, Chen Qu, Joel M. Bowman, Robert W. Field, and Arthur G. Suits. "Does Infrared Multiphoton Dissociation of Vinyl Chloride Yield Cold Vinylidene?" J. Phys. Chem. Lett. (2015) 6, 2457-2462.
B. Joalland, Y. Shi, A. G. Suits and A. M. Mebel, “Roaming dynamics in radical addition/elimination reactions,” Nature Comm. (2014) DOI: 10.1038/ncomms5064
B. M. Broderick, Y. Lee, M. B. Doyle, O. S. Vasyutinskii, and A. G. Suits, "Velocity Distribution of Hydrogen Atom Spin Polarization." J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 4 3489-3493 (2013).
C. Abeysekera B. Joalland, N. Ariyasingha, L. N. Zack, I. R. Sims, R.W. Field, and A. G. Suits. "Product Branching in the Low Temperature Reaction of CN with Propyne by Chirped-Pulse Microwave Spectroscopy in a Uniform Supersonic Flow." J. Phys. Chem. Lett. (2015) 6, 1599-1604.
C. Abeysekera, L. N. Zack, G. B. Park, B. Joalland, J. M. Oldham, K. Prozument, N. Ariyasingha, I. Sims, R. W. Field, A. G. Suits, "A chirped-pulse Fourier-transform microwave/pulsed uniform flow spectrometer: II, Performance and applications for reaction dynamics." J. Chem. Phys. (2014) 141, 214203. DOI: 10.1063/1.4903253
B. Joalland, T. Mori, T. J. Martinez, A. G. Suits, “Photochemical dynamics of ethylene cation C2H4+,” J. Phys. Chem. Lett, (2014) 5 ,1467-1471.
Joalland, B., Shi, Y., Patel, N., Van Camp, R., & Suits, A., "Dynamics of Cl+ Propane, Butanes Revisited: A Crossed Beam Slice Imaging Study." Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. (2014) 16, 414-420. DOI: 10.1039/C3CP51785C.
M. L. Hause, N. Herath, R. Zhu, M. C. Lin and A. G. Suits, “Roaming-mediated isomerization in the photodissociation of nitrobenzene,” Nature Chem. 3 932, (2011).
A. G. Suits and O. S. Vasyutinskii, “Imaging atomic orbital polarization,” Chem. Rev. 108, 3706 (2008).
A. G. Suits, “Roaming atoms and radicals: A new mechansim in molecular dissociation,” Acc. Chem. Res. 41, 873 (2008).